You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Elizabeth Edwards’ category.
I realize there are “zealots” on both ends of the political spectrum (and every spot in between), but I have yet to come to an understanding of what it is (other than hate) that makes Ann Coulter tick. I am all about having strong convictions, standing firm in your beliefs, BUT also showing some level of respect for those who disagree with you. This is something Ann Coulter truly needs to discover and incorporate into her everyday life–or at least the portion we are all subjected to in the media.
I revel in seeing a smart woman in the limelight, and hoped that even though Coulter sits on the opposite side of the political fence than I do, she might open up some interesting dialogue through intelligent discourse. Unfortunately any intelligence Coulter might hold goes right out the window the minute her vile nature comes shining through. After having seen enough of her rude, arrogant, and hateful rhetoric and behavior in the past, I found myself actually going out of my way to avoid seeing Coulter on television. However, when I heard about Elizabeth Edwards having the cajones to confront Coulter via a phone call on Hardball I just HAD to see what all the fuss was about.
In my search to find a video of the Hardball episode I have to admit I was somewhat surprised to also run across videos showing what a horrific homophobic side Coulter has. In this day and age I am still dumbfounded by how freely some folks choose to bandy about hateful and hurtful words, let alone harbor such ridiculous narrow-minded notions about what constitutes love between people. I will not only include video clips of part of what led up to Elizabeth Edwards respectfully lambasting Coulter, but will also include video clips where Coulter chose to use a homophobic slur (on separate occasions) to describe Al Gore and John Edwards, while also sharing her “oh so enlightened” (insert heavy sarcasm) thoughts on Bill Clinton.
- Here’s a video clip of Coulter’s use of a homophobic slur regarding John Edwards.
- And here’s her utterly ridiculous explanation saying the word she used is “not offensive” and is merely a “school yard taunt”–was she dropped on her head as a baby? Those “school yard taunts” have far-reaching consequences and she is beyond delusional if she thinks using such language is neither offensive nor dangerous.
- Ann Coulter on ABC’s Good Morning America (Some “good morning” with hateful comments like Ann’s!)
- Elizabeth Edwards takes on Ann Coulter during Hardball phone call
- Here’s an Ann Coulter two-for-one where she uses slurs against Al Gore and Bill Clinton. I find it interesting that she says her comments about Al Gore are a “joke”, because if she thinks that is joking then she needs to head off to some comedy boot camp–perhaps the Michael Richards School of Comedy? (Another equally troubled individual…sigh.) She also shows her grossly apparent inability to respectfully and tactfully handle someone who doesn’t agree with her, as was the case with someone from the audience. Oh, and one last thing. Coulter mentions a “whiff of the bathhouse” in this clip, well I’d say she has a “whiff of the pig farm” surrounding her comments.