You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘The Tonight Show’ category.
Yesterday Mattel announced it’s THIRD recall in just over one month (8/2/07: Fisher-Price Recall Notice (Lead Poisoning)/Links to info/China involved AGAIN!, 8/14/07:Another Mattel recall: lead paint and powerful, loose magnets) due to “violation of lead paint standard”. The whole recall/China/lead scenario kind of makes you want to get back to having the kids play with your empty cardboard boxes and creating parades with pots and lids as musical instruments, eh?
- Marketplace: Another Mattel recall makes three-marketplace.publicradio.org
- Mattel recalls another 800,000 toys worldwide-businessweek.com
- Mattel recall timeliness investigated-insideretailing.com
Important Web Sites
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Mattel Product Recalls web site
Added 9/6/07: Here’s the video clip I mention in my comment (3rd one below). Quite telling in regard to how the bottom line ($$$) is ALWAYS going to outweigh health and safety…sigh.